Last updated: August 6,2019
PayPal Payments & Payouts Fees
Bogosplit uses the Paypal Payments and Payouts API to process payments and vendor commissions. PayPal is easy, secure and trusted. PayPal has extensive protections for buyers and sellers that make their fees a great value. Vendor commissions will be sent out once a week to ensure buyer and seller safety.
|Marketplace Fee||PayPal Fee (Payouts API Fee)|
10% per U.S. Transaction
|$0.25 USD per U.S. Transaction|
Buyer and Seller Communication
- Bogosplit provides methods for buyers and sellers to communicate. These methods may include public comments, private comments, private messaging, or providing information for direct contact via email or phone.
- Bogosplit does not allow the public exchange of private contact information (e.g. email addresses, phone numbers).
- Seller is responsible for providing reasonable support for any issues related to the item sold.
Seller is obligated to fulfill a sale or otherwise complete the transaction with the buyer in a prompt manner.
Standard shipping policies apply to all Bogosplit sale.
- Sellers are expected to ship within two business days of receiving payment.
- Standard shipping costs (ground shipping with tracking and insurance in the same country) should be included in listed price.
- Seller may use the shipping method of its choice so long as the shipping method offers reasonable transit times and a valid tracking number that can be provided to the buyer at the time the product is shipped.
- Seller must communicate shipping tracking data, including carrier and tracing number, to buyer and Bogosplit.
Bogosplit sales are binding, though they may become void in certain circumstances.
- Seller may void a sale if full payment is not received from the buyer.
- Seller may void a sale if the buyer does not meet stated, required criteria for buying.
- If the seller advertises US-only shipping and the buyer is in a different country, the seller may void the sale.
- If the seller requires a PayPal confirmed address and the buyer does not have one, the seller may void the sale.
- Seller may void a sale if the buyer requests unreasonable shipping methods (e.g. overnight shipping).
- Seller may not (in good standing) void a sale because they forgot to include shipping costs.
- Seller may void a sale if they suspect fraud on the part of the buyer. In events of suspected fraud the seller must notify Swappa immediately.
- Buyer may void a sale and request a refund if the seller does not comply with Sale Fulfillment policies.
Returns and Refunds
Sellers are urged to outline return policies for their listing. All return policies must comply with Bogosplit’s site-wide policies.
- If an item is received not as described the buyer shall be entitled to a refund.
- Sellers should refund promptly for returned items after received.
- Bogosplit will refund sale fees to buyers when a sale is voided due to fault of the seller or Bogosplit.
- If an item is received as advertised, but the buyer wishes to return (“buyer’s remorse”), the seller is not obligated to accept a return except in compliance with the stated voluntary return policy. Any refund in “buyer’s remorse” situations should be less any fees already incurred by the seller. Bogosplit and Paypal sale fees are not refundable in such situations.
- Refunds are subject to PayPal’s refund policies and limitations.
- If an item sold on Bogosplit becomes blacklisted, through no fault of the buyer, outside of PayPal’s refund window the seller is expected to provide a reimbursement for the market value of the device or a comparable replacement device to the buyer.
Shipping Costs on Returned Items
When an item is to be returned either the buyer or seller will pay return shipping costs.
- If an item is received damaged and must be returned, the seller is responsible for reimbursing return shipping costs to the buyer to remain in good standing.
- Returned items should be shipped with proper tracking for the buyer’s protection.
Bogosplit’s privacy policies can be found on our Privacy page.
Additional policies and information may be defined in our FAQ pages.